Search This Blog

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 146 (May 26, 2010): Muscle Power & Nutrition Magazine

Tonight we were supposed to test drive a car.  I was really looking forward to this one.  We aren't planning on buying a new vehicle we were just going to test drive a "dream" car or truck or whatever we saw that we liked.  Unfortunately I got a bacterial eye infection that was gross and painful so our plans got changed.  Throughout the day at work my eye got progressively worse.  I called my eye doctor around noon and had planned on going in the next morning to have them take a look at it.  By 4:00pm it hurt so much that I couldn't wait until the next day to go in.  I drove home (which I probably shouldn't have) and waited for Ken.  I got an appointment for 6:45pm so we ate supper then headed to the eye doctor.  I had my appointment and then needed to pick up a prescription.  By then we were pushing 8:00 and my eye was driving me nuts.  I needed to get home and put the salve in my eye. Ken asked me what we were going to do about our activity tonight......we were in the Shoppers Drug Mart at that moment standing near the magazine rack so I told him to buy a magazine that he had never bought before.  Magazines are expensive!  It was over $8.  Oh well.  We went home and I put the salve in my eye and laid down in bed.   I had sort of resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't doing an activity tonight......then Ken laid down and began to read his magazine right beside me.  It was then that I realized that I could be part of this activity.  I asked him to read me one of the articles.  It was actually kind of fun.  He read an article called "The Massive Number" 777.  It was about a guy who eats a crazy amount of calories for 7 weeks.  The diet is different each week and he increases the calories each week until in week 7 he is eating 5,000 calories a day!!!!  The idea is that he will gain muscle mass because he is a body builder.  We had quite a few good laughs at the amount of food he eats, especially for his snacks, they are bigger than most of my meals!  It was really nice to just relax, laugh and listen to my husband read my a story, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment