Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 138 (May 18,2010): "The Urban Dog" has moved or doesn't exist?!?!

Today our idea was to go to "The Urban Dog".  It is supposed to be a high end, really cool pet store.  I got the idea and the information off of the Old Strathcona website the other day when we were reading up on the history of our community.  So I checked out the website and got the address and thought that we were all ready to go.  When I pulled up at the correct address I couldn't see the store so I got out of the car and looked around and sure enough, the store with the address where "the Urban Dog" was supposed to be was empty!  "Okay, plan B"....I had to be leaving for work in about a half hour so I didn't have a lot of time to come up with a new idea.  I had a look around and spotted a funky looking store two doors down.  It is called "Polly Magoo's Ltee".  I found a description of it on the Old Strathcona website and this is what it said "From Bangkok to Marrakesh, we import unique clothing, jewelry and home décor. From funky to sophisticated, Polly Magoo's Ltee…a world of beautiful things."  It was very cool inside.  They had all sorts of things like Women's clothing, shoes, jewelry, furniture and knicknacks.  They had alot of unique stuff and as I was checking it out I made mental notes of a few things that I would go back and buy as gifts for certain friends.  I never would have found it if "The Urban Dog" hadn't moved or closed down or whatever happened to it.....I still haven't figured that out.

Ken went to "Gordon Price Music" in lieu of "The Urban Dog".  Polly Magoo's isn't really his thing, lol.   He says that Gordon Price Music is a really nice store.  He thought the selection of music books and instruments was quite good compared to some of the other "guitar" stores on Whyte Ave.

1 comment:

  1. according to their website "WE ARE MOVING OUT OF OUR CURRENT STORE LOCATION!
    NEW LOCATION COMING SOON!" ( Thursday, 04 March 2010 )

    ReplyDelete