Search This Blog

Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 127 (May 7, 2010): Planting my garden!

(this is not my garden, lol)

Today I planted part of my garden.  I love gardening and I have been chomping at the bit to get in the garden.  I planted spinach, swiss chard, lettuce, radishes, carrots, and turnips.  I will plant other things later but it is too early to plant them now.  Of course my back is already tightening up from bending over but it's totally worth it.  I forgot my camera but maybe I will go by the garden tomorrow and take some pictures....right now it is just sticks in the ground marking the rows but I could put a before and after picture later in the year.

We are actually part of a community garden of which I am the chair.  It is alot of work, organizing almost 40 gardeners but it is alot of fun too.  I really enjoy giving back to my community and keeping a small part of our city green.

No comments:

Post a Comment