Search This Blog

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 144 (May 24, 2010): Fishing, finally!

So today marks our last day of our visit home.  We had planned on going fishing and camping all weekend while we were in Saskatchewan but the weather didn't cooperate with us.  On Friday when we drove up the weather was beautiful.  It was sunny and warm and the sky was clear (as you can see by the pictures of the Santa Clause).  Then when we woke up on Saturday morning the wind was blowing (over 80 km/hr) and it was rainy and cold.  It was too cold and windy to take the boat out on the lake.  Sunday was much the same.  We woke up this morning to a bright and sunny day.  What a bummer, today we are leaving.  We have to get in the car for our 8 hour drive home and once again it will be a bright, sunny drive!  Just our luck.  Anyway, we decided to take this opportunity to go fishing for an hour or so with my brother before we got in the car for our long ride home.  We went to the river by our farm and cast our rods a few times.  It was so nice to be outside in the fresh air and just enjoying nature.  While we were fishing there was a Prairie Chicken thudding his wings near by and we also saw a beaver swimming around the river.  Ken and I didn't catch any fish but my brother caught 2.  He generously gave them to us so we could bring them back to Edmonton and enjoy some fresh fish one night this week. 


This is a picture of me saying goodbye to Scooter.  I am really not wanting to get in the car.  I wish I could just sit here and enjoy this nice day.  Don't mind the expression on my face, the sun was really bright!


I just had to show you this picture because it totally cracked me up.  Right before we were getting in the car to leave the dogs chased a squirrel in to this shed.  If you look closely you can see it peaking down at Bailey from the crack above the centre of the doors.  Bailey has absolutely no idea it is up there watching her.

No comments:

Post a Comment