Search This Blog

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 128 (May 8, 2010): The Handmade Mafia

Check these out, they are chocolates!  Aren't they beautiful?


Here is the lovely packaging they come in.

My Aunt and I had one of these chocolates at the "Handmade Mafia" market today. They are delicious!  Here is a link to the webpage.  http://www.jacekchocolate.com/chocolatepackages.html  This lady makes these chocolates with REAL ingredients like lemon rind in the lemon chifon chocolate (no artifical flavouring). She has her spring collection out right now but it always changes.  What a great gift idea!  

I could go on and on about these unique chocolates but I should tell you something about The Handmade Mafia which is where I went today:
"The Handmade Mafia is a monthly market and collective of local designers and handmade makers galore! To be part of the family one must either design or make their items themselves."

They have a facebook group that you can join.  http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=85089515560

The market runs once a month.  There was jewelry, clothing, paper goods, cupcakes, fun hair accessories, chocolates etc.  I actually heard about this at the Royal Bison craft show that I was at last weekend.  The difference between the two was that the Royal Bison was all crafts and art while the Handmade Mafia included food as well. I think I will probably end up back there again sometime when I have gifts to buy for people.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, my. Those look so delicious. But they're (almost) too pretty to eat!

    ReplyDelete