Search This Blog

Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 141 (May 21, 2010): Saskatchewan including Santa Claus at Watson



Today we drove 8 hours from Edmonton to my parents place near Sturgis, Saskatchewan.  The drive is always really long but we do our best to make it entertaining.  Today I took some pictures of the beautiful bright sky (good thing I did because it was the only sun I saw all weekend!).

We also stopped at Watson, SK and took a picture of the Santa Claus statue.  This is something that I have known about my whole life and driven by countless times but have never really put much thought into taking a closer look at.   Watson is a small town of about 700 people.  When we get to Watson on our journey home we feel like we are sort of  entering the "area" near where I grew up.  In other words we feel a bit closer to home eventhough we still have a couple of hours to travel.  On a sign outside of the town it says something like "home of the original Santa Claus parade".  Here is the statue:


No comments:

Post a Comment