Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 130 (May 10, 2010): Metaphysics


Today I went to "A Sense of Serenity" it is a metaphysical store in our community. http://www.asenseofserenity.ca/    Here is a description of the store from the website:  "Nestled just off Whyte Avenue in Edmonton’s cultural hub of Olde Strathcona, A Sense of Serenity has been fulfilling the metaphysical needs and wishes of its patrons since 2003. Ausha, the store’s proprietor, has converted the space from a vacant store front to a charming and warm oasis that invites customers to come back and experience the rejuvenating elements her store has to offer. "

I find the whole area of metaphysics and spirituality in general very confusing.  There are certain things that I am drawn to and certain things that I absolutely don't believe in.  What is most confusing to me about it all is that I don't know why I believe in the power of certain things and not others.  Is it based on my values, upbringing, life experiences, ability to have faith, education about the matter or what?  I don't know.  It is definitely a question that I would like to explore further though.

Anyway, back to the store.....the atmosphere is charming as the website describes.  There was alot of cool stuff.  Unfortunately because it was a work day today I couldn't spend a ton of time in there.  I think that it would be good to go back and visit it again when I had more time.  Also, the person who was working there, not sure if it is the owner or not, is very helpful and if I had more time I would have asked more questions.  Perhaps more knowledge on these types of things would clear up some of my confusion.

Ken got back from his hunting trip today so hopefully he will soon have some updates for you on what different things he did this weekend.  They had alot of adventures but didn't see any bears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment