Search This Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 122 (May 2, 2010): Mill Creek Ravine Clean Up and Blogathon!

Yikes, I just joined a blogathon!  Now I have to blog everyday for the month of May.  That means no more posting a bunch of days once a week......I hope I can do it!  Here is the link for more info:  http://michellerafter.com/the-wordcount-blogathon/


Today we volunteered with some members from our community league and community garden to pick up garbage in our local ravine. It is called the Mill Creek Ravine. The clean up is organized by the “Keepers of the Creek”. http://www.strathconacommunity.ca/keepers.htm

The weather was a bit cool but it didn’t rain until after we were done so that was good. We picked up garbage for a couple of hours then Ken and Joey went home to watch the Montreal Canadiens game. I stayed in the ravine and joined the others for a BBQ. There were a lot of people who came out to clean up the creek. I think it is a wonderful project and will definitely help out again next year.


This is me picking up garbage!


Joey's dogs, Ben and Polar.


Polar!  I love these dogs to bits!  They don't mind at all when I squish them:)


After the BBQ some of the kids had fun climbing up and down the hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment