Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 87 (March 28, 2010): CHICAGO!!!

OMG, I was so excited for today's activity!  Today we went to see the musical "Chicago".  I have always wanted to see it so when I heard that it was coming to Edmonton I bought tickets as soon as they went on sale for Ken, Audrey and I.  This was Audrey's 30th b'day present from us.  Aud and I went dress shopping last week and bought pretty dresses to wear to the show so that made the day even more exciting.  The show was amazing.  It was just as exciting and glamorous as I thought it would be.  I knew alot of the songs from the movie but with the live orchestra playing them they were better than I remembered.  I was not supposed to take pictures during the show but I snuck in a couple.  Here they are!

This is from one of the first scenes where they introduce the ladies on the cell block.  This is where they sing the "I didn't do it" song.


This is where they introduce the sleezy lawyer.  This picture doesn't do justice to the amazing visual art of this scene.  Also, see the orchestra in the background??  They were so good!!!


We went to the 2:00pm show.  The show was 2.5 hours long.  We made reservations at Murrietta's, a wonderful restaurant in our neighborhood, for 5:15pm.  The food was excellent, as usual.  Audrey and I also ordered some very delicious white wine with our dinner.  Ken had chocolate milk........don't laugh, chocolate milk is just as exciting for Ken as a great wine is for me!  THEN, we decided to skip dessert at Murrietta's and go do DAIRY QUEEN!!!!  YUMMY!  Audrey and I split a pecan mudslide, my favourite item on the menu from DQ.  Ken had a mint-oreo blizzard, which I also nibbled on!  My diet got blown today but it was so worth it! 

Here are some pictures of us all dressed up:



1 comment:

  1. Wow, this looks like it was so much fun! I would love to see this someday.

    I have an idea that I was wondering about--could you email me at chicchickbiz@yahoo.com? I can't find your email addy here, or I'd get in touch that way. THANKS! :)

    ReplyDelete