Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 82 (March 23, 2010): Pedway

Today we walked the pedway system in downtown Edmonton.   We downloaded and printed the pedway map from the City of Edmonton website then went for our walk.  We only live 10 minutes from downtown but we rarely cross the bridge and visit the downtown area.  Edmonton doesn't have a really extensive pedway system but we did discover some things that we weren't aware of.  1) There is a food court in almost every high rise downtown - no wonder people are overweight, they can walk 10 steps from their offices to get fast food!  2)The University of Alberta's school of business is located in one of the highrises.  I did not realize that.  I thought the school of business was located at the main campus.  3) There are actually some neat views of the city streets from the pedways.  I am disappointed that I forgot my camera at home:(

No comments:

Post a Comment