Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 86 (March 27, 2010): Shooting Clay Pigeons and Photo Editing

Today Ken went with a buddy of his to shoot clay pigeons. They bought a hand thrower for the clay disks and went to a spot in the countryside where it was safe to shoot. They also had a campfire and roasted hot dogs which made me very jealous! Ken said that they had alot of fun and it was nice to spend some time outside of the city, enjoying nature.   Here are a couple of pictures of where they were.




I decided to fiddle around with some of our wedding photos and other pictures and do some photo editing.  I am very new to this so I thought that I would try out a couple of different programs.  I have Corel Snapfire Plus on my computer.  I find that some things are easy to do on it and some are hard.  I also played around with Photoscape which was a bit easier to navigate.  For those of you who have more experience with photo editing I have a question for you: Is there a simple way to resize a photo to a perfect 4'x6', 5'x7' or 8'x10'.  Alot of the frames that I have are in inches but some of the photo editing programs are in centimetres or I can't even figure out how to size them to print.  The reason I am asking is because I had cropped some of the photos but when I went to print them they said that they were "incompatable" with the size that I had picked to print them in.......grrrr.  It was kind of a waste of time to do that cropping when I couldn't even print them!  I wish I had more time to devote to playing around with these programs OR more time to actually take a photo editing class.

3 comments:

  1. In my experience Picasa is the best free program to play around with your pics, plus you can email pics or make a cd through the program as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was telling Sean about your blog posts... After I mentioned this one, he said something like "I could shoot a different object every day of the year..."

    You can't take the army out of the man, huh?

    Very interesting idea - I think I would chicken out of this one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marianne, that is so funny! I think Ken could shoot a different object every day of the year too!!

    ReplyDelete