Search This Blog

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 64 (March 5th, 2010): 80's Theme Surprise Party!!!!

Tonight was the big night.....the surprise 30th birthday party for our dear friend Audrey.   We had been planning this for weeks so we were so excited that the day was finally here.  As you know from our previous post we planned some great 1980's themed activities.  We also planned our outfits, decorations, food etc.

Here are a few pics from the party......
Here is some of the 80's gear that I bought for myself and Audrey. I wore the black lace glove and the green leg warmers.  I used the belt and the pink stuff to dress up the b'day girl.


Amanda brought a disco ball, gimp (to make bracelets) and multi-coloured nail polish.  You can also see some photographs on the table. We all brought pictures of the b'day girl throughout the years.


Her mom bought this shirt and we all signed it. It said "30 years of Heros and Friends" on it.  We all wrote a name of one of our 80's heros. Mine was Astro Boy.


"30" streamers


HAHA, my husband's 80's workout gear!  He's gonna need to work out after eating all of that dip in front of him!


Heather and I.  She has a great side pony tail with a multi colored scrunchie that matches her plastic earrings.  I am wearing my neon green, bare shoulder shirt, leather jacket, jean skirt and black leggings.  I also crimped my hair with my real crimper from the 80's.


Audrey opening up her 80's wear gifts.  She got the most awesome white star earrings from Amanda.  They looked great with her "Jem" t-shirt.  I also like this picture because Audrey looks cute in it.


BAHAHAHA!!!  This was my favourite moment of the night.  This is Audrey's "Get in Shape Girl" impression.



Cool sunglasses that Heather got her!



Rainbow Bright Ice Cream Cake from Heather


I had to include this photo because it shows Laurie's awesome 80's outfit!!!  Only a very loving mother would put herself through this for her daughter!


Blowing out the candles

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you posted the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics! You look wonderful Mel! And this project you have on the go is a fantastic idea! I may have to do something like this in the future. Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete