Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 68 (March 9, 2010): Crossword Puzzle :(

Tonight we did something that I hate! I am using that word in the strongest possible sense! We did a crossword puzzle. I hate crosswords so much that in order to do this activity I put down some ground rules before we started. First, we are only spending a limited amount of time on it. Second, we are not allowed to “research” any of the answers. I think that is cheating and it annoys me when people do that. We decided that we would put our heads together on the puzzle for 10 minutes and see how many answers we could get in that amount of time. The puzzle had 70 clues “across” and 62 clues “down”. In 10 minutes we guessed a total of 27 clues. We got 12 correct answers in the “across” clues and 7 correct answers in the “down” clues. That means that we got 8 wrong answers out of the 27 that we guessed. I also had one more correct answer but I didn’t write it down because I was second guessing my answer, shoot!
Anyway, this activity was as painful for me as I thought it would be. I still find crossword puzzles very annoying and I always feel stupid afterwards when I look at the answers. I love other types of puzzles like “Sudoku” but crosswords are not for me. Oh well….at least I tried. It was nice to spend the 10 minutes with Ken and laugh about some of the possible answers that we came up with.

1 comment: