Search This Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 75 (March 16, 2010): Colouring Book

On the weekend I bought a Sesame Street Colouring book at Zellers for $1.99.  Our activity today was to each colour a picture from the book.  I find colouring very relaxing and therapeutic.  Not to mention that, like the kite flying, it sort of summons your inner child.  Ken found it a bit frustrating.  The colouring book had come with four crayons, we don't have crayons, markers or pencil crayons at home to colour with so we had to use those four colours only.  Since I had coloured my picture in the morning before I went to work by the time Ken used the crayons they were round and "dull" on the ends. I had the fortune of using them when they were sharp and pointy.  When I got home tonight he told me that his colouring sucked.  When I looked at the picture it looked fine to me but I could see the areas where he struggled with the dull crayons.  I think that is the reason that he didn't like it.  I remember experiencing the same thing when I was a kid with my crayons.  I was always jealous of my friends who had the large crayola pack of like 72 crayons that had the sharpener in the back.

1 comment:

  1. so fun!!!!! Mel you should start adding pictures to your blog. This one especially would be fun to see!

    ReplyDelete