Search This Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 77 (March 18, 2010): Good Life Fitness

Today was the grand opening of the new "Good Life Fitness" gym that I signed up for.  Ken used to be a member of Good Life when he lived in Ontario so when his membership is up at his current gym he is going to come over to Good Life too.  For now though he had to settle for the Grand Opening Event.  Because I am a member I got to "bring a friend" to the event.  They had a tour of the gym, lots of free giveaways (exercise balls, yoga mats, gym towels, pedometers etc.), snacks and displays.  Two of the Canadian Men's Gold Medal Curling Team were also there signing autographs. I was very excited to see them as I am a huge curling fan.  The new gym also has a tanning salon and they were giving really good deals so I got a tanning package.  I don't tan much but I like to go for a few minutes a couple times a week just for relaxation purposes.  I always fall asleep!  Another thing that excites me about this new gym is that they have a dry and wet sauna, all of the classes are free with your membership (except the hot yoga), and the classes look really fun.  I am looking forward to getting started when my back is all better.....it's getting there.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mel, how much are memberships back in Canada? Sung Hyun and I looked into the gym where we first met and the price is up to 70 000W for a month. I thought that was a tad expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got in on a promotion that they were having for their grand opening so I only pay $40.00/month. I think that memberships are typically anywhere from $50-100 per month depending on what you get. They YMCA is closer to $100.00 in Edmonton but they have the pool, racket ball courts etc. Also, the City of Edmonton has several leisure centres, similar to the Lawson in Regina, and you can buy a few different types of passes that include various levels of access to pools, classes etc. What I found though is that alot of gyms are moving towards charging extra for their group classes so that is why I was excited about Good Life including the classes in the price. I also LOVE the steam room, it reminds me of the Sauna places in Korea, which I miss terribly!!

    ReplyDelete