Search This Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 66 (March 7, 2010): Listening to the birdies

First of all, I am happy to say that Telemiracle raised over $4 million!  I don't know the exact total but it is somewhere in that neighbourhood.  YAY!  Thanks to everyone who supported it.

Our "different thing" today just presented itself to us first thing in the morning.  When we were starting to wake up Ken asked me if I could hear the birds chirping so I listened for a moment and there they were, softly chirping song birds outside of our bedroom window.  We decided to lay in bed for 10 or 15 minutes and just relax and listen to the birds.  This was a luxury for us.  We usually have to jump out of bed and get ready to go to work or get something done on the weekend.  This morning was very peaceful and serene......until a big magpie let out it's screech.  We both laughed out loud at that.  It only screeched once and then took off and we got to listen to the song birds again.  What a nice way to start our Sunday morning!  After that it was a ususal rushy morning, we both had dentist appointments (Ken to pick up his nightguard and me to get fitted for mine) and then Ken went off to help his friend finish the hardwood floors and I had some shopping to do and then watched the end of the Telemiracle telethon.  Now I have to make supper and lunches for tomorrow.  Why does the weekend always go by so quickly?  I'm glad we took a few minutes to enjoy it this morning.

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to start the morning! I love listening to all the spring birds that have come back to Vermont. It's one of those things that's easy to overlook unless you really pay attention.

    ReplyDelete