Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 67 (March 8, 2010): Cardio & Opinion Column

Ken and I did separate activities today:

Ken wrote an opinion column on "Bodychecks in the NHL".  Here it is:  Today I was watching some sports highlights and I saw a player (Matt Cooke) lay out this other guy, Savard. Everyone is making a big deal because he suffered a grade 2 concussion. The media and league want suspensions. I however do not believe that anyone should be suspending him. Savard was not paying attention and took for granted his position and got knocked on his behind for it. What kind of defensive play would teach someone to leave yourself vulnerable when you are attempting to make a play. Well maybe they should just play women’s hockey and call the whole hitting in hockey off because they are not seeming to stop with the hitting from behind and now “blindside” hits, hits to the head, and next it will be a bodycheck that was laid to hard and hurt the other player. If people want to see scoring why do they not watch lacrosse where you get the best of both worlds. I hope they do not change that sport. American/Canadian Football is getting bad with all the rules against playing defense, maybe we should all play sports like the pansies who play soccer.


Today I did 1 hour of cardio in the morning.  I usually go on my treadmill for either 20 or 30 minutes depending on the morning.  I didn't need to be at work until later than usual so I decided to do a bit of an extra workout.  Phew!  The extra 20 - 30 minutes that I spent on the treadmill today kicked my butt!  After I had completed 20 minutes I felt ready to get off, after 30 minutes my knees and hips started to get stiff, lol.  Finally at about 45 minutes my body was adjusting and I felt better and I was fine by 60 minutes. It is so interesting though that my body was ready to quit at the usual time that I finish my workout.  I guess that shows that it is good to switch up your routine a bit.  Tonight I am ready to go to bed though.  Hopefully I will have a great sleep since I that extra exercise today!

2 comments:

  1. I did something different today as well, I signed Trysten up for soccer!!! The pansy sport according to uncle Kenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!!! He says that at least it's better than tap dancing but not by much!

    ReplyDelete