Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 70 (March 11, 2010): Shoe Shopping and Mini Spa Day

Today my back was so incredibly sore that I called in sick to work and went to the doctor first thing in the morning.  The doctor says that he thinks it is a muscle injury but he sent me to the lab to get tests to check for a kidney infection as well.  He also gave me a prescription for some muscle relaxants and sleeping pills since I didn't sleep at all last night due to the pain.  While I was waiting at the pharmacy for my prescriptions I was browsing through the cosmetics aisle.  I decided that since I can't walk, stand or sit in any one position for an extended period of time that I would need to find something to do for my 365 day activity that I could do at home.  I bought some mud masks for my face and hair, a new bath pillow, bubble bath and a relaxing foot soak.  Since I knew I would be stuck at home today I decided to pamper myself. 


My hair "defrizzing" mask, my relaxing foot soak and my "anti aging" face mask.

This one shows my new bath pillow and bubble bath too!



Ken also spoiled himself a bit today.  He bought a new pair of shoes.  His everyday Adidas runners were getting a bit worn out so he bought some new kicks.  This might seem like an everyday kind of thing for other people (buying shoes would be normal for me!) but for Ken it is definitely a different thing.  He actually took some time to figure out what he wanted and put some thought into it rather than just buying the first pair that he saw that fit him.  He bought some cool red and black DC skate shoes.  I don't love the colours but he likes them and he has to wear them so whatever......I'm just happy that he put some thought and effort into buying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment