Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 97 (April 7, 2010): Retro Cartoons!!!!

Tonight we decided to watch some retro cartoons. We watched "Huckleberry Hound", "The Flintstones" and "Jetsons".




I watched a fair amount of TV growing up so I can name a ton of cartoons that I liked as a kid. Ken didn't watch very much tv and also has a poor memory for such things so he remembers the ones that were still sort of popular as he got older like "The Flintsones". When I was telling Ken about some of the cartoons I remembered he didn't even know what I was talking about. For example, he doesn't know who Jem is.....that is almost blasphemy to me! I love Jem!!!  She is truly outrageous!!  For those of you who don't remember who Jem is here are some pics. I like the first one because it shows her as Jem and Jerrica. I used to have a Jem doll with blinking red earrings and it had both of the outfits in this picture.  The belt is reversable!  Memories.....




Here she is rockin' out with her bandmates.  I also had the doll of the girl with the blue hair but I don't remember what her name was.

Ken says that his favourite cartoons growing up were He-Man and Thundercats.


 
 
 


What were your favourite cartoons growing up??

No comments:

Post a Comment