Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 116 (April 26, 2010): 1000 Awesome Things

This is a really cool blog that was actually made into a book.  Unfortunately now, since it was made into a book I can't find the complete list online.  The link below has over 500 though so there are alot of awesome things to read about.  If you haven't read it you need to check it out! 
http://1000awesomethings.com/the-top-1000/

It takes quite awhile to read through it so you might want to do it in a couple of sittings.  I know my neck and back were starting to get sore by the time I was done reading through it. 

Ken and I decided to try to pick our top 5 from the list.  It is really hard though.  Here are 5 of my favourites on the list but if I looked through it again I'm sure I would find more to add:

Mel:
1)Finding money you didn't even know you lost
2)Sleeping in new bed sheets (even better with freshly washed pj's)
3)Using all the different soaps and shampoos in someone else's shower
4)When you are really tired and about to fall asleep and someone throws a blanket on you
5) The sound of scissors cutting construction paper (reminds me of my elementary school teachers)

There were so many more that I wanted to add. As I was doing my list of 5 I actually subsituted in and out of it quite a few times!

One of the things on the list was "getting something with actual handwriting on it in the mail".  I thought that was interesting because that is what I was writing about in the blog on Thursday!!  Yay, me!

Ken:

I found these things to be my favorites on this list. I read the list but it was really hard to make it down it. The 5 I chose were near the top of the list because I could not change them. I would have made a list of about 2 or 300 if I would have chosen all the ones I wanted. You will see when you start reading it that this happens to you.

1. Finding money you think you lost
2. Planning for snoozes
3. Eating cookies like a cookie monster
4. Doing anything that makes you feel like a caveman
5. The 5 second rule

**We wanted to let you know that Ken didn't read my list before he wrote his.  I think it is cool that we picked one of the same ones out of 500

2 comments:

  1. LOL, this is a good one guys. Sorry Mel, sounds like you put in ALOT more effort by actually reading the list, but i'll have to say i like Ken's list better solely based on the caveman one!! good selection Ken, if i'm judging you win! Can i give it a go?

    1. When you’re being chased by zombies and suddenly find a hidden stash of guns and ammo

    2. When the dog's really excited you're back home

    3. Driving on the highway really late at night when the roads are empty

    4. Turning off all the lights during a thunderstorm

    5. When you're drowning and then a dolphin comes to your rescue

    -Jerod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Jerod, you're funny. I'll tell Ken to read this when he gets home! -Mel

    ReplyDelete