Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 96 (March 6, 2010): "The Way We Live" City of Edmonton Survey

Through doing research to find new ideas for our 365 day project I have stumbled across lots of different things that I would not have become aware of otherwise.  Some examples of those things are other people's blogs, like the "day zero project" and the "100 things to do before you die" from Grant Thorpe.  We also became aware of the "did you know..." website by doing research for our project.  Something similar to this happened again this week.  I was looking at the City of Edmonton website to see what events/festivals were coming up that we might want to attend.  I do this about once a month so that I can mark the events on our calendar for our project.  While I was on the website I stumbled across the "The Way We Live" Edmonton's People Plan.  Here is the link:   http://www.edmonton.ca/city_government/city_wide_initiatives/edmontons-people-plan.aspx 

Here is a brief description:  "The Way We Live: Edmonton's People Plan is a 10-year plan that will provide a comprehensive framework to co-ordinate City of Edmonton people services over the next decade.  It integrates existing plans that affect people services and clarifies the various roles the city has in the provision of people services."  They have been doing research for this plan for awhile and have now come up with 6 goals for the plan: Goal One, Edmonton is a vibrant, connected, engaged and welcoming city.  Goal Two, Edmonton celebrates life!  Goal Three, Edmonton is a caring, inclusive and affordable community.  Goal Four, Edmonton is a safe city.  Goal Five, Edmonton is an attractive city.  Goal Six, Edmonton is a sustainable city.  They have drafted a report with their ideas about how to achieve these 6 goals.  Now, they are consulting the public to give feedback on this plan. 

I find it really interesting that through my research for our 365 day project, that includes doing activities, attending events and trying new things in Edmonton, I stumbled across an opportunity to give feedback on life in our city.  Sssooooo, in case you haven't guessed already, our activity for tonight was to read the plan and fill out the survey with our thoughts on the proposal.   I considered giving our answers on this blog but I decided not to because I know that other Edmontonians read our blog and I would like for them to give their feedback on the survey without knowing what we put. If you go to the link that I provided above you can read the draft plan and the link to the survey is on the top right of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment