Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 107 (April 17, 2010): The Glass Menagerie

Today we went to the theatre in the afternoon. We have gone to the theatre twice before this year. We went to see “Wingfield’s Lost and Found” which was a comedy that we both thoroughly enjoyed and “Chicago” the musical that I loved and Ken thought was “good”, lol. I got the tickets to “The Glass Menagerie” through work. When I read about it the characters names were “Wingfield” so I thought that somehow it was related to the play we saw before. I’m still not sure if it is the same family in both of the plays or not but this play was not a comedy at all. It was actually quite heart-wrenching and tragic at times. One character in the play, the mother, was funny though. The actress in that role also did a tremendous job. “The Glass Menagerie” is a play by Tennesse Williams and even though I have limited knowledge of this genre of literature I did recognize his name from “A Streetcar Name Desire” so I was happy to finally see a play by him. I enjoyed the play but was not astonished by it like I was with “Chicago” or giddy after it like I was with “Wingfield’s Lost and Found”. It just didn’t leave much of an impression with me. I wouldn’t go see it again like I would with the other two.


Ken’s review: “I didn’t like it” He thought that it would have been better as a soap opera that went on for 20 years, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment