Search This Blog

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 90 (March 31, 2010): Jig Saw Puzzle

Awhile ago I was out shopping and decided to pick up a few "back up" activities for days when we couldn't decide what to do or just felt like staying in instead of having to go out and do something.  One of the things that I picked up was a jigsaw puzzle.  When I bought it I looked at ALOT of different ones.  I had planned on getting either a 1000 or 750 piece puzzle.  However, when I saw a Montreal Canadians puzzle that was 250 pieces I decided to get it because that is Ken's favourite hockey team (I know....booo, hisss, hissss....Montreal!!!!).  Anyway, I am REALLY glad that I decided to go with the 250 piece puzzle instead of the other options.  It took us all evening to finish this puzzle. If I would have gotten one of the others we might have been working on it for weeks!  That just goes to show that I don't know very much about puzzles!

Here are some pictures documenting our evening of puzzling!

Here we are getting started. There seems to be alot of white "ice" pieces....that might be a problem later.



Thor says, "This is so interesting, I wonder if I can steal any of these and run away?".
Here we were in the process of sorting the pieces into like coloured piles.  That was our strategy.


What a silly cat!  I love his white moustache.  You can't see it very well in this picture though.


We have the edges finished.

It's starting to come together.

Our helper is back!

We are trying to fill in the easy parts first.  We are leaving the more difficult white parts for the end.


Yay, we are done!!!! Don't ask how many hours later this was:)


 
Now Ken is crumbling it back up.  Kind of disappointing but I guess that is the way it goes with puzzles.  At least we have pictures to see our accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment