Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 100-WOW! (April 10, 2010): Photo Blog of our Day!

Today we did a photo blog of our day:

This is me talking on the phone to my brother when I first woke up.  We slept in a bit today because we were out at The Transit last night. I am thinking, "oh great, this picture of me is going on the internet!"

Good Morning sleepy husband!


I am still on the phone but now I am on facebook too!  I am multi tasking first thing in the morning, yay me!

Ken is making us breakfast - we had yummy toasted fried egg sandwiches with lots of cheese, mmmmm!


Here I am eating my breakfast, still in my pj's.


This is Thor licking off Ken's plate.....he lets them do that.  It drives me nuts!


Now he is cleaning himself off after his yummy little snack.

Now Ken is on facebook

I have to do dishes since he cooked, blah! The thing that makes me most happy about this picture is how huge my pj's look on me, lol!  I don't realize how much weight I've lost until I see pictures like this.



More dishes!


I decided to cuddle with my kitty in bed after doing those dishes.  We only layed there for a few minutes but it was nice. 


Ken and Thor were playing Hide and Seek while Oden and I were cuddling.


Now they decided to wrestle in the bed that Oden and I were cuddling in.  I guess our cuddle time is over. This is Ken putting Thor in a "full nelson". Don't worry, "no animals were hurt in the making of this production".  Ken usually gets a few scratches though because Thor gets so excited when they play that he goes wild and attacks Ken even when play time is over.


This is called PROCRASTINATION!!!  Ken is watching TV and vacuuming during the commercials.


Progress....


This is a closer picture of Oden.  He is in the background of the previous picture but this one really shows how much he hates the vacuum.


Okay, now we showered (I didn't take pictures of that!) and are ready to go get our groceries.

In the car, on the way to the first store.


1st stop - H and W Produce where we buy lots of yummy veggies and fruit for really reasonable prices.

This is Ken in line at H&W.  There was a long line up today.  We usually go on Sunday and it is not so busy. I don't think we will go on a Saturday again!

Mmmmm, I see pineapple and raspberries!

Next we had to go to Canadian Tire because Ken was trying to find a special appoxy (glue) to fix the mirror on my car after our incident last night.  I waited in the car and listened to my satellite radio.  This was my view.......a big stack of dirt.

Now we are stopping at Zellers for a few things.....

This is me pushing the cart in Zellers.  I have to say that it was a bit weird taking pictures in the stores.  I didn't notice anyone looking at us strangely but I felt like they were.

Now we are stopping at the pet store to buy food for the monsters (our cats) we also bought them some treats and a new toy mouse that squeaks when they touch it, you will see pictures of them playing with it later.

Next we had to stop at Staples to buy ink for the printer.  Phew!  We sure had alot of errands to run today.


That head at the bottom of the picture is me looking back at Ken.  We now have to go to Home Depot to look for the appoxy to fix the car.  They didn't have the right stuff at Canadian Tire.
Finally we are at the grocery store.  The last stop before home!

Yay, we are in the line up and are ready to leave the store!

While we were out running around these lazy cats were not doing anything!

This is what we came home to, two lazy cats!  They never help with the housework.

Now we have to put away everything that we bought.....I hate this part.

I am starting to make soup.  Every weekend we make a big batch of something for our lunches for the week.  This week it is homemade chicken/vegetable soup.  There was also some partridge breast in there too.  Ken shot the partridge last fall when he was hunting.

We ate breakfast kind of late because we slept in so it was more like brunch.  Now it is about 5:00 and we haven't had lunch yet so I am making supper at the same time as I am making our soup for the week. It was kind of a cold day today so Ken wanted Campbells Tomato Soup and sandwiches.  He had the soup and a ham sandwich with jalapeno harvarti cheese.  I can't eat Campbells soup on my diet because it has too much sodium and fat so I had a salad and a sandwich.

Here is our homemade broth. It is just starting to boil.


Ken was thawing out the meat and washing the partridge breasts a bit better because they still had a few feathers on them, yuck!

Peeling carrots while watching tv.  We make a good team. 

This is my yummy sandwich (I cheated by having some of the cheese that I am not supposed to have, hee hee) and salad.

This is Ken's very large bowl of tomato soup and crackers.  To me it looks like tomato soup porridge.  I was jealous of it though.  One of my favourite meals of all time is tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.  That is comfort food!
Kitty in a box!  Oden loves his box. I want to put it in the recycling but he loves it too much.

We are now watching the hockey game...

Thor decided to lay down right beside Oden. We will see how long this lasts. Oden is not impressed.

Oden is trying to sleep but he is still annoyed that Thor is right beside him.

And in less than 2 minutes Oden is gone!

Time to unvail the new toy!  Oden says, "what is that squeaking sound under the chair??"

They are both really intrigued with the new mouse.

Thor is now going crazy chasing it all over the house.

He is now trying to put it in a bag.

Now he is carrying it around trying to hide it somewhere.  How about in Ken's gym bag?

Time to do laundry.  I am a busy bee today!

We couldn't eat dessert right after supper because we were so full but because we ate at about 5:30 by 7:00 we were ready for dessert.  We had fruit salad because we got so much nice fruit today.  Ken's is on the left.  His had bananas. I can't eat them.  Mine had grapefruit.  Ken hates grapefruit.  They both had strawberries, oranges, raspberries and grapes.

The soup is still cooking away.....
Ken was watching the hockey game and he was too full to finish his fruit so I thought I would take a picture of him.  Right when I pressed the button someone almost scored and I caught this expression on his face.  Priceless!

Someone came to visit Ken.

Now we are going to watch a movie.  "Couples Retreat".    I am too tired to watch anything serious.
The funny thing about this picture is that when I looked at the camera screen I could see that black line on the TV but when I looked directly at the TV it wasn't visible.....hmmm.


The opening credits.


The movie was really funny!  Now we are going to play a game of Monopoly Deal before we go to bed.

Yay, I win!!

We have brushed our teeth and its time to read ourselves to sleep......  Ken is reading "The Last Kingdom" by Bernard Cornwell

This is my book "The Queen of the South".

Good Night Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment