Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 110 (April 20, 2010): Floam or Gazz-It

There is this stuff called Floam that I tried to get for Ken and I to play with for one of our activities.  A kid at work had it and I thought it was kind of neat.  There was nothing like it when I was a kid.  When I went to buy it I couldn't find the actual brand called "floam" like I had seen before.  I had to buy the cheap knock off called "Gazz-It".  It turns out that it wasn't as good as the Floam stuff but it was only $.99 so it wasn't a big expense.  Ken and I had to work opposite shifts again today so I decided to make some creations with my Gazz-It in the morning and take pictures of them and then Ken would do the same when he got home from work.  Here are our creations:

The first thing I made was a heart. When I took the stuff out of the container I noticed right away that it seemed to be more sticky than the Floam that I had touched previously.  I found it a bit difficult to mold it into the shapes that I wanted so I stuck with easy shapes.


These are my hands.....look at how it is sticking to them. I was starting to get annoyed!


Next I made a snowman because the white foam balls just reminded me of snow.  You can get this stuff in many different colours as well.  I like the way the white foam glows when you use the flash on the camera. 

This is what it looks like without the flash


Ken is much more creative than me and he made a goalie stick.


And a cat!  I would not have had the patience to make a cat out of this stuff!

Ken is very creative.  I can be creative too but I am a perfectionist so I often quell my creativity if something is not going EXACTLY the way I want it.  The Gazz It was another example of that.  Once I realized that I couldn't make complicated shapes like I had wanted I stuck to easy shapes that I could do well, lol.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! That looks fun, but I would be irritated if it got stuck to my hands, too. I hate that about making bread from scratch.

    ReplyDelete