Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 105 (April 15, 2010): Concert and Buying Flowers

I had to work late again tonight so Ken and I did separate activities. I bought myself flowers and Ken went to an Amon Amarth Concert.

Ken: Amon Amarth Concert: Hell yes, Amon Amarth pulled off yet another wicked concert. These guys play as good live as they do in the studio. Synchronized solo’s and everything, they just plain whoop ass. The opening bands were o.k. There was a metal/celtic band that played just before the opening act and the first band was like an Iron Madain/Judas Priest/80’s style mix band. They played pretty well. On the last song Amon Amarth song I went in the mosh pit and rocked out wickedly hard. It was just like I remembered it from when I was a kid going to punk shows. I am a little older now so I was worried of getting hurt but I made it out without injury. That is a good thing because I need to work and make money not like when I was a kid and mom was paying my way. Well I will be going again if they ever come back to Alberta.

Mel: Buy myself flowers: Today I was supposed to buy myself flowers. I recognize the importance of spoiling yourself every once in awhile. I think that it’s nice to give myself something now and then because I often give a lot of myself to others, in my job and in my personal life. With that said though I found it a bit uncomfortable to buy myself flowers. Even as I was going to the flower shop I got thinking about what I would say if the staff at the store asked me who I was buying them for. Would I proudly say, “for myself” or cowardly make up some lie about who I was buying them for. I didn’t make a firm decision on which route I would take if I got asked. Luckily I didn’t. I kept thinking about it though as I walked around the shop looking for what I would buy.

The second time that I felt a bit unnerved during this activity was when I looked at the prices of the flowers. I had planned on buying myself a nice bouquet of spring flowers to put in my office at work. I thought it would cheer up my office a bit. When I looked at some of the prices I thought “if I have to look at these everyday they are just going to remind me of the money I wasted on them”. Don’t get me wrong, I know flowers are expensive but I had a hard time justifying spending that money on myself, especially when they are going to die in a few days. So, after a lot of thought, and paranoia that if I didn’t hurry up someone was going to ask me who I was buying flowers for, I decided to buy myself the flower in the picture…….


……as you can see this one will not die in a few days AND it was only $5.25!! Yay me! I am very happy with it and it makes me smile every time I look at it and think back on the experience of buying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment