Search This Blog

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 92 (April 2, 2010): Looking at the stars

When you live right in the middle of a city like Edmonton you aren't able to see the stars at night.  It is just too bright from all of the city lights.  I grew up on a farm in the middle of the prairies so growing up I definitely took for granted the fact that I could see the stars whenever I wanted. I really miss looking up and seeing the stars or the northern lights. 

Tonight we decided to drive out of the city after dark and look at the stars.  It was so quiet and peaceful.  We found the big dipper.  That is really the only constellation that I know. 

It was nice to just take a few moments to listen to the absence of city noise, smell the fresh air and enjoy the view. 

No comments:

Post a Comment