Search This Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 150 (May 30,2010): New Hair!! and doing a favour

Ken took this picture for me of my new hair

Today I went and got my hair done.  When I lived in S.Korea I got my hair, nails, waxing etc. etc. etc. done all the time.  I totally pampered myself because things were so affordable.  When I got back to Canada all of that pampering came to a screeching halt!  Even now when I "pamper" myself it usually doesn't cost me money.  For example, when I had the facial, mani and pedi awhile back I had won that gift certificate in a weight loss contest.......or when I go for a massage I claim it through my health benefits at work so I get the money back.  I have a hard time giving up the cash that it takes here in Canada to pay for all of these wonderful services that I used to have done.  So, I suck it up and go to Supercuts for the cheap hair cut about every 4-6 months (I know, I really should get my hair cut more often but I never know what I want to do with it, so I just let it grow!) and if I get a "hankerin" to dye my hair I usually do it myself for about $12.00 rather than spend the hundreds that it will cost at a salon.  Anyway, today I decided on a whim to get my hair dyed at the salon. I was just there for a cut but it was slow and the lady had time so we decided to dye it.  I hate that it cost so much, and I probably will just dye over it with a "box" hair colour when it starts to grow out but I do like the way it looks.  Why does it have to cost so much?????


Today I (Ken) went and looked at a used 5th wheel for my brother-in-law Trent.  It was a 14' propane heated trailer. It was in really good condition. I was not sure what to look for due to the fact that I have never really been around trailers at all. Trent just told me to check for leaks and wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment