Search This Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 155 (May 4th, 2010): Change of plans.......

Today we had planned on going garage saling.  On my way home from work I saw a couple of signs for sales so my plan was that I would get home, make supper and we could head out after we ate.  That didn't really work out.  I had taken a whole chicken out of the freezer in the morning and was going to cook that for supper.  Then I remembered that I saw Bobbie Flay (Grilling expert on The Food Network, he is also on Iron Chef America) cook a chicken in a way that I had never done before so I decided to try it out.  I took the backbone out of the chicken and flattened it out.  Then I put some herbs in olive oil (he used butter but that doesn't comply with my healthy eating) and brushed them on the outside of the chicken and some under the skin.  Then I put the whole chicken on the BBQ over high heat until the skin was golden brown on each side.  Then I moved the chicken off direct  heat and finished cooking it on the BBQ.   The chicken turned out great!  However, by the time we headed out to the garage sales it was almost 8:00 and they were all shut down for the day.  So, our "different thing" for today was cooking chicken a new way (that rhymes, hee hee).  Here's another rhyme for you "BOBBIE FLAY SAVES THE DAY".

No comments:

Post a Comment