Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 166 (June 15, 2010): Sketching


Today we decided to try our hand at sketching.  Neither one of us are very artistic. I am crafty, but not artistic at all.  I am always amazed at artists and art in general.  Anyway, first we picked something in our house to sketch.  We chose this brass candle holder that was my grandmothers.  We put it on top of the tv so we could both see it.


This is Ken's attempt.  He drew his more life sized that I did.  Mine was a bit small but his was a bit crooked.



Here is my attempt:



My dream would be to learn how to shade this in so that it would show the different dimensions of the object.  So far this is really just an outline but I think we did quite good considering this was our first crack at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment