Search This Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 175 (June 24, 2010): Practical Joke and Watching Slow Pitch

Today I went to watch Ken play slow pitch. He started playing with this Rec. league team a few weeks ago. A co-worker of his is on the team and they needed another player so Ken joined them. I was supposed to go play one night but I wasn’t feeling well so my friend Ashley played instead. Tonight I just went to watch. It was fun to watch them. They had a bit of a rough game. It was their last game of the spring season and they didn’t play as well as they usually do but it still looked fun. At the end of the game they had a discussion about whether or not they would join for the summer team. They had enough people to make a summer team and so they decided to register again for the summer. They asked Ken and I if we would play and we said yes. I was a bit nervous to play before but after watching the game and seeing that it really is just for fun, I am excited to play this summer. I will blog about my first game in a few weeks when it happens. It will be the first time that I have played baseball since I was a kid.  Anyway, after the game we went out to the Canadian Brewhouse for a beer and snacks.  I had a really yummy big beer.........I haven't had one in quite awhile. Sometimes eating healthy sucks but it sure was a nice treat.  Over our beer and snacks I heard about Ken's thing for today:


Today while I was slaving away at work I spoke to another employee who has had the wits scared out of him by our co-worker Tom. Tom drives truck for our company and he has an annoying habit of blowing the horn at us when we walk in front of the truck. Every time he does it to me it scares the crap out of me. Anyway, while we were discussing pranks he said that on the rigs the guys used to turn the heat on in the loaders and cats in the summer time so the drivers would get really hot when they got back in. On a whim I decided to do the same thing to Tom. While he was unloading the back of the truck I snuck into the cab and turned off the A/C and turned the fan and heat up to maximum and left it on until he went back into the truck roughly 1.5 hours later. When he went to go move the truck and park it for the day he came back and was sweating profusely. He was very upset in kind of a joking way because he knew that he got a prank pulled on him. When I asked him about playing baseball that evening he said he wasn’t sure if he would be able to because he would probably still be sweating, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment