Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 168 (June 17, 2010): Homemade Tea



Mint Tea


Lemon Ginger Tea

Tonight I decided to try my hand at making homemade tea.  I checked a couple of recipes on the internet first and then just decided to wing it.  This was a last minute decision when our plan for our activity tonight fell through.  I didn't measure anything that I put in the pot.  I just did it to taste.  I really enjoyed the Lemon Ginger Tea.  It was a bit "spicy" for Ken (too much ginger) so he just added more plain water to his.  The mint tea on the otherhand was a disaster.  It was disappointing too because mint tea is my favourite.  I drink LOTS of tea (usually 4-5 cups a day).  I was really looking forward to trying my own mint tea.  I bought Organic Mint leaves from the store.  Everything that I saw on the net led me to believe that I could just boil them until it go to the desired taste.  It tasted really gross. So much so that I thought it might make me sick.  I am wondering now if I should have bought "peppermint" leaves instead.  I don't even know if there is such a thing.  I will have to do more research before I attempt this again.  I saw one website where this lady was mentioning how she grows her own mint and makes her tea whenever she wants.  I thought that would be great and really cut down on my tea budget, but I failed!  I will look into it though because I did this on a whim.  Perhaps next year I will grow the right kind of mint in my garden and not have to buy tea anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment