Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 4 (January 4th, 2010): The Forks in Winnipeg

Once again a delay in our train ride gave us an opportunity to explore a new part of Canada that we hadn't been to before. Well, actually I have been to "The Forks" before when I was a teenager on a band trip but I don't really remember much of it other than that is where the Red River meets the Assiniboine River in Winnipeg. We had about an hour to walk around so we toured the little shops in the "Market" at the Forks. There were all kinds of specialty shops like jewelry shops, hand made clothing stalls, specialty food shops, candy stores etc. I bought some cute little bug shaped chocolates for my friend Audrey to thank her for taking care of our cats while we were on vacation. They also had outdoor skate rentals which would have been fun if we had more time. But alas, we didn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment