Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 18 (January 18, 2010): Visiting with our cousins from Down Under

Tonight we went to my Aunt and Uncle's house for dinner. It was a very special dinner because our cousins from Australia were there to visit. My mom only has one sister and she had two daughters (Nicole and Andrea). Therefore I only have two first cousins on that side of my family. Unfortunately Andrea lives in Maine and Nicole lives in Australia! Nicole tries to bring her family to visit every few years. This year her husband Peter was unable to make the trek but her and her two daughters, Shae-Lynn and Annaleise came to Canada before Christmas. Eventhough they have been in North America for a few weeks this was our first time seeing them due to their busy travel schedule and our trip to Ontario. We only had a few hours to visit with them but it was a wonderful visit.

This was Ken's first time meeting his Aussie cousins! Ken went out to Auntie and Uncle's earlier than I did because I had to work until 7:30:( They all had dinner together. I ate when I got there. We all visited together around the table for awhile then Ken played darts and crokinole with Shae and Leise while I visited with Nicole and Auntie. It was so wonderful to see them again. Shae-Lynn and Annaleise are so big and grown up now. I wish we could see them more often. I hope that the next time they come to visit Peter can join them. As we were leaving Uncle Lawrence took some pictures. Hopefully I will get ahold of them and be able to post some on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment