Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 22 (January 22, 2010): Snack food review

Tonight we decided to try out a new snack food. I bought "Lundberg Bean and Rice Chips". The flavour we bought was "Pico de Gallo", whatever that means! They are shaped like nachos. The texture is a bit heavier than nachos though. They are wheat free, gluten free and vegan grade. The chips themselves don't have much flavor. Thankfully or not, I haven't decided yet, they have lots of flavoring on them. However, they are LOADED with salt! In 10 chips they have 430mg of salt. The healthy meal plan that I am on right now only allows about 600mg of salt per day! Since there is sodium in pretty much everything we eat I can't really eat anything with salt added. I only had a couple of the chips to taste and left the rest for Ken.

Verdict: Mel- If I wasn't on a low sodium diet I might eat them again, if they were on sale.

Ken-I wouldn't buy them again but if someone else did I would eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment