Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 1 (January 1, 2010): Board Games and Booze

Everyone has been asking me how I got this idea to do 365 different things this year. I was reading a storybook of my nephew's when I read something that sparked the idea. The storybook is about Canada and for every letter of the alphabet the book tells a different event/place/historic fact etc. about Canada. When I got to the letter "T" it said something about Toronto being a city where you can do a different thing every day of the year. Given that I was reading this on New Year's Eve it made me think of a New Year's Resolution. I passed the idea by Ken and he thought that we should try it out. And so it begins.......

Today we are nearing the end of our Christmas vacation in Ontario. We have been travelling around Ontario visiting Ken's family since Dec.23rd. We are now in Levack, ON (close to Sudbury) and are at Ken's Dad (Jean) and Step-Mom's (Colleen) house. We got the board game Taboo for Christmas from Ken's sister so we decided to try it out. This was Ken's first time playing the game. We played it with Jean and Colleen and had alot of laughs! I also tried Strawberry Sambuca for the first time today. It was interesting. It starts out tasting like strawberry and then tastes like licorice, yummy!

Day 1 complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment