Search This Blog

Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 185 (July 4th, 2010): Golf and Greenhouse

So first of all I want to say that "yay, we are half way done this project".  I can't believe it.  We had our first serious conversation about ending this project early this week.  We are both extremely busy and are finding it difficult to fit in all of our activities along with the rest of the obligations that we have.  We are both very committed to going to the gym as often as we can, everyday if possible, as well as work, running errands etc.  Sometimes it feels like there aren't enough hours in the day.  We discussed the fact that one of the reasons we started this project was so that we would "live life" instead of sitting on the couch and not experiencing anything.  We want to have a full life that is enriched by all sorts of adventures.  With that in mind though we had a discussion about weighing the stress that at times is involved with a project like this against the benefits of the experiences.  We decided to keep going with the project for now but gave ourselves permission to end it if things changed for us or got too hectic.  Basically, we are amazed at what we have accomplished already and if we did end the project early we wouldn't be disappointed at this time.....afterall, we have done 185 different things this year!!!  WOW!

Secondly, happy Independence Day to our American followers.  We hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Mel's activity for today:   Today I went to a greenhouse.  Ken was golfing for the afternoon so I was on my own.  I have wanted to go bum around a greenhouse for awhile but just haven't gotten around to it.  I was sort of hoping that they would have some cheap veggie plants on sale since it is quite late in the season.  Unfortunately I was about a week late.  They had a few herbs on sale.  I was hoping to get some mint so I could try to perfect my mint tea that was so awful a few weeks ago but they didn't have any of that.  I did see one neat herb though.  I can't remember the exact name of it.  It was a "lemon-something-or-other" and when I rubbed the leaf and smelled it, it smelled exactly like lemons.  I considered buying it but then I thought "why would I do that when I can just use real lemons in my recipes".  Anyway, I had a nice relaxing time just wandering through the greenhouse looking at the different plants.

Ken's activity for today: Today I went golfing with a friend of ours, Blair. I have not been golfing in almost 2 years so I was a little rusty, needless to say. I took my clubs that Mel and I found at the Strathcona league reuse it fair. They were very old clubs but beggars can not be choosers. I did not feel too bad because Blair is not that good at golf either. We took it well considering that there were 3 young teenagers that passed us on the course. They were training for the PGA I believe, ha ha not really but they were really good. I can not remember what I shot on the 9 holes but it was not that good, I would estimate about a 70 or 80 I think. Ah well it was a fun. I will go again this year most likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment