Search This Blog

Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 183 (July 2, 2010): Batting Cages

Today we went to the batting cages.  Ken's friend Jay came with us.  I was a bit nervous.  I hadn't hit a ball with a bat probably since I was about 15 years old......we won't say how long ago that was but it was quite a long time ago.  However, I did play alot of sports growing up that use hand-eye coordination such as lacrosse so I was hoping that those skills would still be with me.  The place that we went to gives you 10 pitches for 1 token.  I was extremely excited because on my first token I connected with the ball on all 10 pitches!  Yay Me!!!  Not all of the hits were pretty but at least I didn't strike out.  By the end of my third token, 30 pitches later, my arm was getting a bit sore and I missed a couple but all in all I was happy with my performance.  Ken and Jay did quite well and both smoked a few really good ones.  It is hard to tell how far they would have gone because the nets overhead and around us stopped the ball sometimes.  Ken took these pics on his blackberry and I didn't even think to get one of him:(

Jay


Me


Me again

No comments:

Post a Comment