Search This Blog

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 178 (June 27, 2010): Edmonton Turkish Festival

Today we went to the Edmonton Turkish Festival. It ran all weekend long but today was the first time that we had time to check it out. We watched a couple of dance performances and a musical performance where a guy played a drum and 3 other people played, what looked like, wooden spoons. They had food and jewelry vendors. I almost bought a really cool necklace with a glass pendant but I couldn’t decide on a colour or design so I didn’t get one. I liked all of them! Anyway, here are some pictures and a couple of videos.


This is the guy with the drums and the others with the "wooden spoons" that I mentioned earlier.


They said that this style of dance is from a certain type of Turkish people that are likened to gypsies.

This is the first time I have uploaded a video....hopefully they work:




1 comment:

  1. The videos did turn out!!!Thanks for letting me see a little Turkish culture!!

    ReplyDelete