Search This Blog

Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 184 (July 3, 2010): lunch with family

Today I made lunch for Ken's stepsister Jen and her fiancee Greg.  They live in Yellowknife and were down here for a shopping trip.  They are getting married in August.  Unfortunately due to my job I can't really take time off in the summer so we won't be going to the wedding.  We were really glad that we got to see them and hang out a bit again.  Hopefully sometime we will be able to go up and visit them.  Anyway, we sort of did two different things today.  The first one was visiting with them.  We haven't seen them in over a year.  The second one was that I made a new recipe for lunch.  We had vegetarian baked stuffed tomatoes.  They were so delicious!  They had rice, zuccinni, onion, celery and basil in them.  I am always a bit nervous to try out a new recipe for the first time when I have company in case it doesn't work out but it did this time so I was lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment